Re: [gardeners] State of the belly address

Ron Hay (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 07:50:31 -0700

George Shirley wrote:

> Some of you may remember that I'm dieting and exercising some. The belly
> has shrunk two full inches although I've only lost 18 lbs so far. I'm
> back into my size 42 slacks, shooting for the 40's next month and the
> 38's the month after that.
>
> The beauty of all this is that I have more energy to spend in the garden
> and don't fall asleep every other hour. Of course by 10 pm the pup and I
> are both yawning so it's off to bed for us.
>
> Actually got up before dawn this morning and went off to the local race
> track to do a safety meeting for one of my clients who is building some
> facilities there. It was cool, crisp and beautiful at daylight. The
> trainers were exercising the thorough breds and the sight of beautiful
> animals doing sprints was a nice sight too. I hung around after the
> meeting and shmoozed with some of the trainers I knew. Went on from
> there to visit 4 other clients, my computer guru (gonna get a Read/Write
> CD) and then to the medical clinic to check the records on an injured
> employee of a client.
>
> Miz Anne and I went out for a salad and a baked chicken breast half and
> enjoyed our time together. Home again to be greeted by Sleepy Dawg, who
> is now napping. I'm out to hook up the soaker hoses as it still turrible
> dry here.
>
> Life is good.
>
> George

Good morning,George,

Congratulations on your weight loss and improved energy:) Spring is
certainly the time when we can use all the energy we can muster, to train
our veggies, keep weeds and varmints under control.

In our neck of the woods, we had a taste of summer this week, with temps in
the high 80s and low 90s; but tomorrow, back to spring. Can't seem to make
up its mind what the weather will do next!

Tomatoes have tripled their size in the last month, and with last week's
torrent, everything is growing like topsy...including the tobacco bud worms,
which are devastating my pellies. Will have to spray tonight after work,
when it is a bit dryer.

Enjoy!
Ron