Re: [gardeners] Dead St. Augustine around oak

Jeannine Kantz (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 17 May 2000 08:31:40 -0500

No signs of fungi so far. Fairy rings usually produce mushrooms at some
point don't they? There has been none of that so far. I want to research it
further before I start spraying fungicides. I try to avoid chemicals as
much as possible. We have an extension diagnostic lab here locally (I
think). I will contact them.

At 07:18 AM 5/17/00 -0400, you wrote:

>> I saw a similar message to this one from the 98 archives. My St Augustine
>> is dying in a ring that coincides exactly with the dripline of my live oak
>> trees. The trees have been there about 5 years. The grass is fine
>>

>There is a fungal disease called fairy ring.
>Conditions were right for it,
>
>Byron

Jeannine Kantz
jkantz@tca.net