Re: [gardeners] Cauliflower

John Harman (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 10:25:12 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, George Shirley wrote:

> Well John, you beat me to it again. I do the same thing here in SW Louisiana,
> only I take the outer leaves and pull them up over the curd and fasten it with a
> spring loaded clothes pin. How's winter down there in Upside Down Land?
>
> George

	We've just had a good taste of it with snow and freezing temps. I
usually get one snow fall here in winter, that may stay on the ground for
 a day or so. It really doesn't get cold here compared to the US or
Europe. Lots of Australians have never seen snow. We actually get
Sydneysiders ringing up to find out if there's snow on the ground, so they
can come up and see it. :) Even though they're only 3 hours drive away,
they're at sea level while we are at 3500 feet. Thats pretty high altitude
for Oz. The highest point in Oz is about 7000 feet. Compare that to the
Rockies !! :)

John