RE: [gardeners] Apricot thieves!

Seyfried,Alice (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:53:36 -0400

Fruit picking pole??  Please pardon my ignorance - but is this a homemade
contraption or something one purchases?  I have a very large pear tree and
we've never been able to harvest the pears at the top (or in the middle, for
that matter).  This sounds like something that would solve my problem.

I'm sorry I don't have any advice for your squirrel problem.

Thank you!

Alice (seyfried@oclc.org)
Workstation Development Section/TSDD
OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Hay [mailto:ronhay@pacbell.net]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2000 10:41 AM
To: gardeners
Subject: [gardeners] Apricot thieves!

Help! This is the first year we have had any signifucant number of
apricots on our tree, and all of a sudden, as they ripen, predators
strike at the crack of dawn. They may be birds, although I rather
suspect they are squirrels, since some of the pits are gnawed a bit, and
there are no real peck marks on the interior of the fruits.

Any suggestions?

I am about to go out with my fruit picking pole to harvest whatever I
can, to let the fruit ripen in the house.

Ron