Re: [gardeners] Saturday in the garden

Sun, 30 Jul 2000 10:18:09 -0500

Use a jar or container larger than you need. My gallon jar only had the steak
and marinade in the bottom. Liquid doesn't rise up high enough to get sucked
into the vacuum tube. The tilia has special lids etc for pulling a vacuum on
jars. You can also pull a vacuum on a wide mouth jar with a regular jar lid, ie
canning lid on it. Won't preserve things the way pressure canning will do but
will do just fine for keeping in the freezer for awhile or marinating things.
Tells you all about it in the booklet that comes with the machine. You can also
check them out on the web by doing a search for "Tilia FoodSaver".

George