Re: [gardeners] Heat wave

lneuru (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 09:09:26 -0400

it's hot here, but especially humid, 98%.  Only 18 celsius at the moment,
but will go up to 30 at least....don't know what that is in F. anymore, but
it's uncomfortable.  We've slept, or tried to, on top of the sheets for the
last week.

I am thinking of buying a food processor.  What I want to do is finely
shred or slice veggies; many of the machines seem to be capable of doing
all sorts of things.  We like shredded veggies in salads, claw and the like
but the old fingers are tired of using a grater.  That's what I've always
done,  with a collection of graters I got while we lived in europe.  north
Americans don't seem to do much with veggies that way, or much by hand.
I'm still using a spoon to cream butter and make cakes, even if I own a
hand blender (probably why it's lasted 37 years).  OK, sometimes I *do* use
my hands to mix stuff....

Any ideas on food processors?

Thanks in advance,

Lucinda