Re: [gardeners] Re: Heat wave

Sat, 02 Sep 2000 11:18:07 -0500

Geez Ron, there's folks around here that would kill for just a power bill of
$179.00 per month. I have mine averaged and it's about $70 a month plus $25 for
water/sewer/garbage pickup. Actual power bill lately has been close to $200 per
month. We've had a solid month of either actual temps or heat indexes above 100.
Hottest was this week, all time record of 107F with heat index of 115 IIRC.
We've also been in a drought for the better part of three years. We still get
some rain but no where near the usual 65 inches a year. Weather gurus say we
have a deficit in rain in excess of 20 inches for last two years. Oak trees are
dying from lack of rain. There have been more than 20 huge oaks taken out in my
neighborhood this summer. Our heat will get worse without these big trees to
shade us.

We don't have any irrigation water, just city water.

George, still sweating even if I'm inside with the ac.