[gardeners] Out of season cold

Shirley,George (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 07:51:40 -0600

Mary Ann, had to edit your message as the idiot server bounced it to me. The
server read your subject line as one asking an administrative question. Sorry
about that. But here it is a little later.

George

>From Shantihhh@aol.com  Fri Nov 10 21:14:09 2000
From: Shantihhh@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 00:13:27 EST
To: gardeners@globalgarden.com

George we got hit with a cold blast down from Alaska last night as it hit the
low 30's and tonight the Napa Valley is expecting 29 F.  This is crazy for
the SF Bay Area in Nov.  This is Jan/Feb weather.

I cranked up the wood stove today.  Dug up some Thai Bird Chile plants and
drug the citrus into the greenhouse.  I covered up much of the garden and
will finish up tomorrow digging up and potting and moving things in.

I picked some huge 5" diameter green tomatoes and some with a starting of
color.  Guess they'll ripen inside.  I still have so many cherry tomatoes on
the vines.

I plan to plant shallots, onions, potatoes, and lettuce sets tomorrow.  Don't
know if it's okay with the weather so cold.

Mary-Anne