Re: [gardeners] Saturday in and out of the garden

lneuru (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 10:11:48 -0500

They come out just fine as far as the scanning is concerned; what
determines the quality is the colour printer.

George, why don't you make a web page for Anne's paintings and let her sell
them that way?  Or as notecards?  vel sim?

Seems to me you are missing an opportunity.  You can make the scanned
images low enough resolution so they are really re-producable and still
able to be seen enough to judge how pretty they are.  I do this with my
course pages if I don't feel like handing out the photographic material I
might want to market as teaching materials someday.  96 dpi usually does
it, or thumbnails.

OH YES --- I am catching up on answering gardens mail:  congrats, about a
week late, on the new grandchild.  Sorry I missed this at the time, but
it's end of term and this list is a week-end thing, if at all.

Happy (at least we are fortunate for the reasons it exists) Remembrace day,
every one (or is this a Canadian thing only???).

Lucinda

----------
> From: Shirley,George <gshirley@deltech.net>
> To: Gardeners List <gardeners@globalgarden.com>
> Subject: [gardeners] Saturday in and out of the garden
> Date: Saturday, November 11, 2000 9:23 AM
>
> It's chilly, overcast, Sleepy is burrowed up under her "bankie", and the
heater
> is running. It's really bad folks, I actually had to put on long pants
this
> morning. <VBG> Miz Anne has a cold so she is bundled up in flannels and
sweats,
> eating cough drops, drinking herbal tea, and using lots of tissues.
>
> Today we hope to get the east flower bed cleared out for about 20 feet.
Removing
> torenia, zinnias, cleome, and other assorted pesky reseeding plants
(which
> normally we love). Our reasons are valid though, this is where we want to
move
> all of our shade loving gingers. This bed gets sunshine from about 0900
to 1200
> daily and that's it. The rest of the time it's in full shade. Should be
> excellent for gingers. So, once it's clear in goes the variegated ginger,
the
> culinary ginger, and the Boswellian Hidden Ginger (named in honor of the
famed
> astronomer, gardener, and bon vivant from over Mississippi way). I'm
undecided
> about the Red ginger (real name unknown). The hummingbirds like the small
red
> blooms and I like to watch the hummers from my chair so it's a toss up.
Probably