Re: [gardeners] OT: Good Grief! Natural gas prices

lneuru (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 17:47:54 -0500

Energy prices are expected to skyrocket this year.  I forget which energy
is in short supply - gas, oil or electricity, but it doesn't matter.  Once
there is a shortage in one, the others crank up their price too.  I can
hardly wait to get our first winter bill.
Lucinda

----------
> From: Shirley,George <gshirley@deltech.net>
> To: Gardeners List <gardeners@globalgarden.com>
> Subject: [gardeners] OT: Good Grief! Natural gas prices
> Date: Thursday, December 14, 2000 2:17 PM
>
> Just got my natural gas bill in the mail. Last month's bill was $25.02,
this
> month's was $72.99! Used 70 CCF of gas on this bill, used 70 CCF on the
last
> bill. I may drill a shallow well and start producing my own gas at these
prices.

> Being inside Louisiana they can get away with charging whatever they want
for
> the gas, once it crosses the state line its regulated by the feds who try
> keep the price down.
>
> You Yankees quit using so much of our gas, this is getting too expensive.
<VBG>