Re: [gardeners] Saturday in the garden - maybe

Shirley,George (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 12:04:17 -0600

Oh yeah, just got back from the market, needed a few things. Shouldn't have
taken Miz Anne with me, got all kinds of junk food now. She uses the excuse
"I'll take it in my lunch to work." Yeah, it will all be gone by Monday morning.
Anyway, it's now noon and its still cold enough out that I had to break out my
"real" winter jacket instead of my "mild" winter jacket. Got on a long sleeved
jersey shirt, denim painters overalls I dyed pale blue, heavy orlon/cotton socks
and sneakers. If I owned any longjohns I would be wearing them. It's supposed to
get better about Monday but the sky is clearing, the sun is shining brightly,
and, I'll bet a dollar to a donut that it will freeze again tonight with no
cloud cover to hold the heat in. The grass was actually crunchy this morning at
0930. Please let La Nina come back.

Gotta go, heard the chime on the convection oven sound off, my chicken pot pie
(homemade, nyahh, nyahh) is done. Lunch folks!!

George