Re: [gardeners] Steaming Greenhouse

carolyn taylor (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 15:08:04 -0800

Mine is on the south east side and the top of the roof crosses the middle
of the sash window on that side in my upstairs bedroom.. My husband
installed it so the lower half of the window opens into the greenhouse and
the upper half is fixed. The door into the greenhouse is on the ground
floor and opens into the kitchen and there is a permanent mount reversible
fan above the door. By opening the window upstairs, leaving my bedroom door
open and either running the fan or just opening the door from the kitchen
to GH, the sun heats my whole house when the sun is shining. I live in the
South east corner of Washington state in the wind pattern from the Snake
and Columbia rivers so , while not as cold as yours, we get pretty cold.

Carolyn