Re: [gardeners] Mediterranean yogurt

Shirley,George (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 04 Feb 2001 09:28:47 -0600

It didn't say made with live cultures? Last I bought at a Lebanese deli in
Lafayette had that statement on the side. When I bought it in the Middle East
the container always said live culture. Guess I just assumed the Greeks used a
live culture too. I've settled on a live culture yoghurt (American Style) from
our local supermarket that I like. It's fat free and no sugar added so I eat it
for desert most days. It's flavor is Pina Colada and I like it. Used to buy it
in the little containers and decided it was a better deal in the quart
containers, thus forcing me to eat more of it. I keep the plain stuff around to
cook with and for my Middle Eastern dishes I just drain it some to thicken. Not
the same but easier than a 150 mile round trip to buy lebne.

George, shivering on a cold Sunday morning