Re: [gardeners] Saturday in the garden

Alan Zelhart (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:27:18 -0700

Laugh!  You reminded me of another incident.  One afternoon Chip and I were sitting in our
front yard relaxing.  This 12-13 year old girl was skating by on the other side of the
street with her new BIG puppy on a leash.  When the puppy saw Chip, of course he
immediately wanted to come over and investigate.  The girl fell flat on her ass.  I asked
her if she was OK, but she did not respond and skated off in a huff.  Chip remained at my
side...I thought nothing of it.  A little later this man drives buy very slowly, I think
to myself...that's odd.  Then he turns around at the end of the block, gets out of his
car, and asks me; "Is that your dog".  "Yes, this is my dog" I reply, still not certain
about what's going.  He says, "Well your dog made my daughter fall!"  I said "Oh, no, no,
no, my dog did not make your daughter fall.  He remained right here in his yard sitting
next to me.  It was your dog who made her fall, when he was trying to get across the
street!  My dog is trained not to leave his yard!"  Meanwhile I'm looking at Chip, who
doesn't realize this person is angry, and is wagging his tail, wanting to run over and say
hi to the stranger.  I pray to myself that he stays in his yard like I just said he does.
You know, he did stay in his yard, he did not go to the stranger at all.  The man stutters
and says..."well, well, you should have you dog on a leash."  I said, "My dog was sitting
next to me, even if he had been on a leash, your dog still would have attempted to run
across the street, and pulled her down!"  I was getting mad now!  He left in the huff...

I was annoyed because I tired to be nice to the little girl, and ask if she was all right,
and then she went back and blamed me for the incident.  Anyways....I still laugh when I
think of that day.  She was not hurt, I think her pride was hurt, but she was not hurt.

I'm sorry I called Sleepy a he, please ask her forgiveness!  I apologize profusely! ;)

Alan        Chandler, Arizona        Sunset Zone: 13

http://members.home.net/gizmoaz/~gizmoaz.htm
Over 145 Rose Bushes Planted! 75 Different varieties! Never a dull moment!!