Re: [gardeners] Soap to kill mites

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 07:40:33 -0700

White flies are white flies. Mites are tiny spiders you probably won't see
unless you tap a branch over a sheet of white paper.  You'll have to spray
about once every four or five days to control the white flies. I'd use soap
spray (you can buy Safer's soap spray at a garden center).  I don't
understand your last sentence. Did you prune your plant when they're trying
to cope with an insect invasion? Margaret L