Re: [gardeners] Question about pressure treated wood

Thu, 22 Feb 2001 10:10:52 -0600

I know that we try to avoid wood on the ground around here due to the presence
of Formosan termites. They are even eating up the older trees. That's the main
reason I went to cinder blocks, haven't found anything that will eat them yet. I
do have some CCA treated beds but they are being replaced as they age. In
addition I have some salvaged redwood 4X4's that are still holding up after 10
years on the ground with no signs of rot or termites. They too will be replaced
as I salvage more concrete test cores 6"X18".

George