Re: [gardeners] Question about pressure treated wood

Wendy Arons (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:34:04 -0500

perhaps "metastudy" isn't precisely the right word--I was referring
to a global study of other people's research; i.e. reading a bunch of
research reports & collating all the data and reporting on it.  In
other words, they don't do the experiments/research themselves, but
look at all of the data from people who do.  I was in a hurry and
grabbed the first word that came to mind...

I've seen pictures of straw bale gardens and they look cool.  I can
see your point though--if you lay a bale on its flat side, it's
really wide and you can't reach beyond it easily; if you lay it on
edge, it's pretty high & you have to fill it with a ton of soil.
Hmmm...  I think I'll still give it a try for a bed or two & see how
it pans out, worse comes to worse we can always use the straw for
mulch next year.  Wendy