RE: [gardeners] Pressure treated wood

Terry King (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 12:59:07 -0800

Cougar population seems to be fairly normal in our neck of the woods
(meaning there have been none in the front yard lately :-D).  There have
been a lot of problem and sightings in many nearby towns though.  Enough to
get the state to modify the no hunting with hounds law passed by the voters.
Now if there are a certain number of complaints/interactions with a
particular couger, hounds may be used to hunt that particular cougar.

Terry

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardeners@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-gardeners@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of George Shirley
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2001 11:40 AM
To: gardeners@globalgarden.com
Subject: Re: [gardeners] Pressure treated wood

Yup, the wood was rotting so had lots of humus around them and under them.
The
ties were approximately 15 years old at the time I pulled and discarded
them. I
got them at one of the plants I worked in and they pull their ties every 5
years
whether they are bad or not. Found that is safer in our wet climate.

Sorry, don't know anything about spider mites, never had any.

Good to hear from you though. How's the cougar population going?

George