Re: Fwd: [gardeners] Thhe attacment is my signature file, nothing

Wendy Arons (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:17:28 -0500

Just to weigh in on this--I have a brand new computer w/plenty of
hard drive space.  But I hate these vcards--every time I get a
message from someone who sends them, my computer throws it in my
attachments folder, and when I go to find an attachment I actually
need to open, I have to wade through the "junk" (that's not to say
that your business card is "junk," but given that I don't really need
it, it's "junk" to me...).  It wouldn't be such a problem if my
computer recognized that I already had a version of someone's
business card, but it doesn't, so I end up with the virtual
equivalent of a drawerful of the same business card. Which I then
have to take the time to "clean out".   And, as Alan says, I'm
nervous about them because they might be viruses--I have virus
software, but it takes time & energy to update it regularly, and I
don't always remember.

So, Ron, thanks for taking it off.  I'm not quite sure how vcards are
a useful business tool, but then again I'm not in business...

Someone mentioned that you can configure Eudora to automatically
delete such things using filters--can you walk us through that?

Thanks,

Wendy in Indiana