Re: [gardeners] Virus

Thu, 01 Mar 2001 10:29:37 -0600

And it could be anyone you know. The email addresses of the members of this list
are available only to me, the listowner. If someone is gathering addresses they
signed up for the list and then left after they got a few addresses. Since most
members lurk rather than post regularly the odds are the worm came to you from
elsewhere.

Norton and McAfee both can detect this particular worm and render it harmless
then you can delete it. Best bet is even if an attachment is from someone you
know to be cautious in opening it.

I've had it emailed to me more than 20 times now and have not been infected
because of my antivirus software and common sense. I am active on several usenet
news groups so it could come from anywhere.

George