Re: [gardeners] firepower

Craig Watts (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 10:32:15 -0500

Annetta,

Try this little jewel. It's called Memory+

You never know what Transit Resident programs are running in the background
are eating up your memory. My system has 24 meg of ram, on boot will have
1.3 available and by running this program (third tab) can free up to 9 meg
for surfing the web. Right now I'm just running the trial verson.

I highly recommend it.

http://www.tfi-technology.com/

Craig Watts
kingdomm@worldnet.att.net

----------
From: Annetta Green <agreen@cfl.rr.com>
To: gardeners@globalgarden.com
Subject: Re: [gardeners] firepower
Date: Saturday, March 03, 2001 9:43 AM

Craig,
you could be right.  Most older computers have a smaller front end bus (you
know, I don't remember how fast)  This one is a 350 Mhz and a 100 Mhz front
end bus.  I found that it goes just as fast as some of my friends that have
600Mhz and up.  I think it is because I run msconfig occasionally and turn
off all unnecessary startup programs.  The new pentium 4 are supposed to
have a 250 Mhz or bigger front end buss.