Re: [gardeners] Mold

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 07 Apr 2001 08:25:31 -0600

Craig, white fly excrement does mold, and leaves black yukk on plant
leaves. If that's where the mold is, and all insects are gone (it may help
to use a magnifying glass...), use warm soapy water and wash each leaf
off.  If the mold is just on the soil, you might try scraping it off or
spraying with a weak bleach solution (one part chlorine bleach to 9 parts
water, for instance).  I wouldn't throw out the plants, but what is that
fertilizer?  I'd probably not use that on house plants again.  Margaret L