RE: [gardeners] Strawberry

Terry King (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 23:42:41 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C0C3AA.43B16610

I grow Honeoye and have found them to be reliable and very tasty although
often odd shaped.  With adequate water they can produce fairly large berries
but not as big as the CA grown commercial berries.  They are not as prolific
in producing daughter plants as my Fort Laramie everbearing plants.

Terry
Zone 4b, E. WA.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-gardeners@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-gardeners@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of David G Smith
  Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 6:50 AM
  To: gardeners@globalgarden.com
  Subject: [gardeners] Strawberry

  I'm replacing a garden retaining wall and so have to move some strawberry
plants, or plant new ones.  I have Tristar and an unknown June-bearing
variety, and I'm not especially happy with either.  The berries are OK but
not great.  I see one called "Honeoye" in the catalogs that is supposed to
have really good flavor.  Any suggestions?  Zone 6b, full sun, hot and humid
in the summer.

  Thanks,
  David

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C0C3AA.43B16610

I grow=20 Honeoye and have found them to be reliable and very tasty although often = odd=20 shaped.  With adequate water they can produce fairly large = berries but=20 not as big as the CA grown commercial berries.  They are not as = prolific in=20 producing daughter plants as my Fort Laramie everbearing=20 plants.

Terry
Zone=20 4b, E. WA.