RE: [gardeners] Late(?) Transplants

Doug Reed (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 24 May 2001 14:31:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jane,

I've been monitoring this list off and on for about a year (I am also on
a Boulder gardening list). I travel so much that I don't always follow
threads too closely on this list. I happened to see Harry's name pop up
and was curious if it was the same Harry that I have conversed with on the
rec.sport.football.college (RSFC) newsgroup. Harry and I went to the same
college in Mississippi and we are both avid fans of Miss. State Univ.
sports. I guess we also have gardening in common.

The snow Sunday was unreal. I was getting ready to plant out tomatoes
Sunday morning when my wife came out to inform me that snow was predicted
for the evening. I couldn't believe it. This was at 11:00am and it was 72
degrees. Luckly I had only put in two plants. I covered them, but they
didn't make it. I'm waiting until this weekend to plant out the rest. I
hope winter in Colorado is officially OVER!!!

Do you live in Boulder, or just work here like me? We bought one of
the older (1903) homes up in Lyons and are in process of renovating
it. Both the house (my wife's project) and the yard (my project) need
quite a lot of work. It's going to be a busy summer.

-Doug