Re: [gardeners] Blackberries

Lon J. Rombough (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 03 Jul 2001 06:01:49 -0700

--MS_Mac_OE_3076984911_196049_MIME_Part

If you really want to make brandy, you have to get a license from the BATF,
get distilling equipment, etc.  An easier product to make is done this way:
layer blackberries and sugar in a large glass jar, then cover the whole
thing with pure grain alcohol.  Let it steep for six weeks or so and strain
it.  You'll have a very nice blackberry liquer with a lot less fuss.
----------
From: "Craig Watts" <kingdomm@worldnet.att.net>
To: "gardeners" <gardeners@globalgarden.com>
Subject: [gardeners] Blackberries
Date: Tue, Jul 3, 2001, 3:33 AM

After putting up 10 little jars or blackberry jam I have one question to
ask....

Does anybody know how to make black berry brandy?

Craig Watts
kingdomm@worldnet.att.net

--MS_Mac_OE_3076984911_196049_MIME_Part

Re: [gardeners] Blackberries If you really want to make brandy, you have to get a license from the BATF,= get distilling equipment, etc.  An easier product to make is done this= way: layer blackberries and sugar in a large glass jar, then cover the whol= e thing with pure grain alcohol.  Let it steep for six weeks or so and = strain it.  You'll have a very nice blackberry liquer with a lot less f= uss.