RE: [gardeners] Bradford pear trees

Jane Burdekin (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 10:34:05 -0600

For days now I have been trying to think of the word that I think starts
with a "ch" that means cutting off the top of the tree.  Any body know what
that word is?

Jane

-----Original Message-----
From: Harry Boswell [mailto:hboswel1@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 6:51 AM
To: gardeners@globalgarden.com
Subject: Re: [gardeners] Bradford pear trees

We'vw lost so many Bradfords in my area that I've considered going ahead
and cutting mine down.  At least 15 have split in my neighborhood alone,
all the way down to the ground.  There are better pear varieties, I now
know.

Just for the record, I haven't seen any pruning or topping done, just
cutting
down what was left.  YMMV.

Harry