RE: [gardeners] Bradford pear trees

Jane Burdekin (
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 14:24:01 -0600

Very good Margaret, you always have the answer, it is pollardizing.  I have
no idea where I got the impression that it started with a ch.  Thank you so


-----Original Message-----
From: Margaret Lauterbach []
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 10:58 AM
Subject: RE: [gardeners] Bradford pear trees

Chdrop crotching? Chpollardizing? Chpomandering? I wonder if you're not 
really thinking of pleaching...not cutting off the top of the tree, but 
interweaving it with another tree...Margaret L

At 10:34 AM 7/9/01 -0600, you wrote:
>For days now I have been trying to think of the word that I think starts
>with a "ch" that means cutting off the top of the tree.  Any body know what
>that word is?