RE: [gardeners] pollardizing?

Jane Burdekin (
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 16:39:10 -0600

It is where they cut off the top of the tree and sort of make it grow into
an umbrella shape, correct me if I am wrong Margaret or the other experts on
the list.  This is where I first heard the word on a garden list.  I have no
idea why it is done, and I don't think it does any good for the tree, but
some folks think it looks appealing.  Any way, I figured out how I messed it
up, we have a car dealer here named Pollard.  I figured I would remember the
word that way, except it is Pollard Chrysler, there came the "ch"... Must be
one of those 50's moments a year early... I knew that some one on the list
could straighten me out.  


-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 4:03 PM
Subject: [gardeners] pollardizing?

What IS this?