RE: [gardeners] pollardizing?

Terry King (
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 16:11:07 -0700

Pollarding is the regular pruning of a tree or shrub back to the main stem
or trunk. It is done to give the tree a compact leafy dome shape.  It is
rarely done properly.

Here is a good website with discussion and pictures of proper pollarding and
what pollarding is not.


-----Original Message-----
[]On Behalf Of
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 3:03 PM
Subject: [gardeners] pollardizing?

What IS this?