Re: [gardeners] How to make a milkshake (...was Eggplant grinder)

Wed, 11 Jul 2001 15:50:36 -0500

And I jerked sodas and malts in "Ma Shirley's Green Light Cafe" in West Orange,
TX back in the fifties. We used vanilla ice cream instead of malt base and
chocolate ice cream for choco shakes and malts, same with strawberry. For
pineapple malts and shakes we just added chopped pineapple. Probably regional
differences.

In my case, if you were a teenage girl in a well stuffed cashmere sweater and
pleated wool skirt you got a malt or milkshake that you could turn upside down
and nothing would fall out. That's until Ma Shirley nabbed me for "wasting" ice
cream. Ahh, the memories. I did hate the dorky paper cap I had to wear though.

George, who wouldn't be fifteen again for all the money in the world