RE: [gardeners] How to make a milkshake (...was Eggplant grinder)

Jane Burdekin (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 16:29:57 -0600

Margaret,
That would be Mustard's Last Stand and it is still here.  I don't remember
Bush's drive-in, but I do remember Potters.  It's still there but not
anything like it used to be.  I don't remember the other place either, but
Twin Burger drive in was good and there was another ice cream shop that we
loved to go to over by the hospital.  Can't think of the name right now.

Jane

-----Original Message-----
From: Margaret Lauterbach [mailto:melauter@earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 2:29 PM
To: gardeners@globalgarden.com
Subject: RE: [gardeners] How to make a milkshake (...was Eggplant
grinder)

Well now, Doug, I grew up in Boulder, Colorado, and they made milkshakes
with ice cream there. Bet they still do. If Custard's Last Stand is still
in existence on Broadway, it used to be the site of Bush's famous drive-in,
where they made peanut butter shakes (reluctantly, since the blender was
hell to clean) and the predecessor of the Big Mac. Also, you could order a
glass of root beer and cream or double cream, and you'd get those tiny
glass cream containers to dump into your root beer.  Yummmm. And further
down Broadway, between Pearl and Walnut was a large fountain owned by a
dairy. Watts Hardy was one of the dairies, but i think the fountain was
owned by another.  They used to make and sell "walking sundaes," ice cream
in a cup topped with sundae toppings.
  Margaret L