Re: [gardeners] Re: Saturday in the garden

Sat, 14 Jul 2001 16:23:53 -0500

I've tried celebrity but they are no better at handling our humidity than the
others. The three main hot weather tomatoes are are Celebrity, Gulf Coast, and
Heatwave. I'm currently growing Heatwave II and they are still producing.
Amazingly the tomato producing best is Yellow Bell. Good thing too as I dearly
love those yaller maters.

It's not just my productivity, gardening is, and always has been, a joint effort
around here. This morning I was cooking and packing and Miz Anne was peeling and
slicing. We all took a nap after a light lunch, lasted abut 2 hours. Tomorrow we
will do eggplant. Luckily our kids and friends enjoy the stuff we put up as our
garden has been most productive last year and this year.

George