Re: [gardeners] Friday in the garden

Elizabeth (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 19:47:16 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0095_01C11154.C7976F40

Poor George!  We'll have to give you lots of extra attention until Miz =
Anne gets back so you won't feel quite so lonely.  :)

Elizabeth
tiarella@bellsouth.net
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: George Shirley=20
  To: Gardeners List=20
  Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 4:38 PM
  Subject: [gardeners] Friday in the garden

  Our tomatoes have about played out but the seedlings that will go in =
the ground
  in mid-to-late August have their first true leaves so life will go on =
in the
  tomato patch. The cukes are starting to get yellow leaves and some of =
the squash
  are actually dying. The eggplant are just getting started good as are =
the
  chiles, the southern peas, the yellow-eyed beans, and some bush limas. =
It is a
  good thing that some plants are dying back as I am tired of harvesting =
and
  preserving stuff for a bit.

  Miz Anne drove off to Houston at 3 pm today and tomorrow three of my =
favorite
  women will fly off to Baltimore-Washington International, Miz Anne, my =
lovely
  daughter and her lovely daughter. Luckily they will be back on the =
28th so we
  won't be desolate for long. Sleepy Dawg has sat up shop in the front =
window,
  looking for her "Mom." It will take a couple of days for her to get =
used to the
  idea that Miz Anne isn't coming back for awhile and then she will be =
under my
  feet all the time. Little dogs take a lot of loving when part of their =
pack is
  gone. So do old men who have been with the same woman for 43 years. =
Still - life
  goes on and life is good.

  George

------=_NextPart_000_0095_01C11154.C7976F40

Poor George!  We'll have to give = you lots of=20 extra attention until Miz Anne gets back so you won't feel quite so=20 lonely.  :)

Elizabeth
tiarella@bellsouth.net<= /DIV>