Re: [gardeners] pear butter, a funny story

Bargyla Rateaver (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 04 Aug 2001 11:00:28 +0100

yes but if you cook fruit you lose the value of the enzymes,--one of the best advantages of eating
fruit raw.All reactions are made to go, via enzymes, so they are so very important.
   I am now cooking some tomatoes, and feel guilty, because I should have eaten them before they got to
the point they need cooking.
   I wrote an article on enzymes, for ACRES USA monthly journal on farming, and it brought me responses
from readers.  Apparently most people don't even know what enzymes are---so how could they understand,
realize and remember that as much food as possible should be eaten raw.
=========

--

Bargyla Rateaver
http://home.earthlink.net/~brateaver