[gardeners] Wisteria was: Applesauce/basil

tr1ulium@bellsouth.net (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 14:47:08 -0400

Ron,

I was told my wisteria should bloom within 5-7 years.  I bought it from Wayside Gardens, and it was about 5' long with nice-sized vines.
It bloomed the 5th spring after we'd planted it--not too heavily, but I was thrilled.  Then we moved.  Don't know if the new owners have torn it out or not.
We never pruned it with the special techniques the books recommend.  It may have been even better if we had!
So take heart--hopefully it will bloom when you're only 63!  ;)

Elizabeth
tiarella@bellsouth.net
Zone 6, KY