Re: [gardeners] Of bees and spiders

Thu, 09 Aug 2001 15:28:04 -0500

If your spider is anything like the golden spider that lives in my carport he or she eats the web.
I've actually seen the one that lives here rolling it up and then the web disapears while the spider
is still hanging on a strand of web. Since I don't see it fall it has to be recycling the web silk.
Sets up the web about an hour after dusk and takes it down sometime during the night. I caught it
eating the web when a thunderstorm was rolling in, Reckon it decided to eat it then. The next time
it caught a very large June bug in the web, wrapped it quickly, sucked all the juices out and then
ate the web and went back into it's "permanent" web in a crevice in the overhang. Pretty neat
spider.

George