Re: [gardeners] my raised bed garden

Tue, 04 Sep 2001 19:09:30 -0500

My Burmese okra gets about 6 to 8 inches long if I leave it three days. Two days is max here in SW
LA for that stuff. I'm not as fond of it as I am the Burgundy okra from Burpee's, it can get 8 to 10
inches long and still be nice and tender. Only gets that long if I forget to pick it one day. Miz
Anne harvested some of it today that was 12 inches long and about 2 inches in diameter at the base
and it was still tender! I couldn't believe it and feel it must have something to do with the fact
that the sun hasn't cracked through the clouds much this week.

George