Re: [gardeners] Children, for Billie

Thu, 11 Oct 2001 12:45:57 -0500

You would like my daughter, the Early Childhood Development teacher. She started a gardening program
at Splendora, TX about 8 years ago with the ECD kids first and then it spread throughout the
district. She's moved to Spring Branch ISD now and is teaching kindergarten but is hoping to get
back into ECD and start another teaching program using gardening. She has told some sad stories
about the little children in her classes and the abuse they were subjected to and the neglect most
of all. Her mother and I like to think that we taught her enough about gardening to ensure she had a
lifelong love for it.

George