RE: [gardeners] Re: the garden and wildlife

Rosemary Carlson (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:09:51 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C15561.87527000

You know, my 8-pt buck is SO tame (with me - no one else) that I probably
could paint his antlers. :) He follows me around the yard and occasionally
butts me with his nose!

Rosemary
  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-gardeners@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-gardeners@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of bsk
  Sent: Monday, October 15, 2001 1:56 AM
  To: gardeners@globalgarden.com
  Subject: [gardeners] Re: the garden and wildlife

  Cousin down the road from us lives in a more wooded bottom ground area. He
always says that the cats know not to go 30 from the house. He said any more
than that and they are in the food chain! LOL I like that guy he is one of
those "cool dudes".
      It isn't uncommon around here for folks that go for a walk down the
road or work around the garden etc. to wear one of those hunter orange vests
so they are not appearing to be in the food chain to some dumb hunter.
Wouldn't even hurt to do the same for the critters. Had a buck that we grew
up for a while from a baby. He was getting to be a big boy so we painted his
antlers Allis Chalmers orange so the locals would know he was a pet.
Funniest looking thing you ever did see! LOL

  Ranchmama
  Okie zone 7a
  *********