Re: [gardeners] Letting go for the winter

Bargyla Rateaver (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 19:26:01 +0100

Yep yep, sure it would snap off and float away, alas alas.
 Sure God made the whole earth, some of it not California or Madagascar.

Silly for me to feel pity for those in cold country, since as it is we are all
lucky that some people can stand the cold.  It was I< I< I, who got pneumonia
every winter in US when I was a child--not the other kids in the family.

Also I was lucky that my elder sister could stand cold, because when we went over
the hill and  down to the elementary school, it was my sister who pulled off my
mittens and opened my locker so I could put in the warm clothing I had worn to get
to school intact.

And anyway, I was able as an adult to move to soCal and be comparatively warm with
just a sweater or coat. Just very thankful for that.

--

Bargyla Rateaver
http://home.earthlink.net/~brateaver