Re: [gardeners] new to group

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 18:04:09 -0600

Hell no! The missing four doors came in today but the two narrow doors still aren't in and neither
is the countertop. It has been nearly two months now since everything was ordered but the order was
sent piecemeal. I called the cabinet company and surprise - the lady I talked to is a native of our
town who moved north 25 years ago. She told me there wasn't a lot they could do to speed things up
as they were having lots of labor problems. Workers deliberately sabotaging orders, work slow downs,
the whole nine yards. Looks like another couple of weeks.

You just don't realize how much you miss the kitchen sink and the dishwasher until they're not
available. We're washing dishes in the bathroom lavatory. I suggested we just toss them in the
toilet with some dish soap and then flush it several times but Miz Anne nixed that idea. I was gonna
sanitize the thing first. Next suggestion was taking the dirty dishes in the shower and washing them
but she didn't want to do that either. What's wrong with you women that you can't understand labor
saving ideas?

We do have the stove sitting in the right place so we can cook things that need to be. I sure don't
like eating out, gives me indigestion. We ate at a local Cajun seafood place last night and I was up
until two am trying to get rid of the gas caused by all the fried stuff. They didn't offer grilled
or broiled seafood so we'll go somewhere else next time.

Tomorrow I'm going to hook up the new range hood and exhaust piping. Thing came in today so I picked
it up while I was there being a nuisance with the folks at Home Depot. The manager hides when he
sees me coming now. The guys in the kitchen design center think I'm the best thing since sliced
bread as I can speed the bureacracy up about 40 mHz just by smiling and saying howdidoo. I hand them
my homemade Grey Panther card and they all blanch, I can call out close to a hundred old people in
about 30 minutes if necessary. I love being proactive this way. <BSEG>

It will all get done in its own good time and then I will fix a small meal for the three of us. Come
on down and share with us.

George