Re: [gardeners] Gardening/food/George

Tue, 02 Apr 2002 08:18:49 -0600

I do eat sweets, and frequently, I just don't eat any other carbs when I do. Pasta doesn't raise my
BG's either, in moderation, potatoes and rice in moderation don't either. I pigged out yesterday and
ate some pan fried potatoes, brisket, green beans, cole slaw, and then had a creme de menthe pear I
had put up last year, actually half a pear. Those pears are in a light sugar syrup. checked my BG
before bedtime to determine insulin dose and it was barely 200. I thought sure it would be sky high.
Took 30 units of 70/30 insulin, slept like a baby with no bathroom trips in the night, and woke up
at 0500 feeling good. Go figure.

George