Re: [gardeners] Sunday in the garden

Mon, 06 May 2002 11:22:38 -0500

I wasn't aware that the Fuyu was an alternate bearing tree. This one bore last year but the birds
and squirrels got all but one fruit. It is loaded again this year too so am wondering if the label
was correct. I did buy it from the most reputable nursery in this area. The fruit is sweet while
firm and round rather than heart shaped as the other Oriental persimmons in this area are.

George