Re: [gardeners] Tree planting advice

Thu, 09 May 2002 08:24:28 -0500

Is the "uphill" side facing the prevailing wind? I have a fruit tree with a large canopy that is now
leaning away from the prevailing wind. We have a deep loamy soil. It could be too that the tree is
leaning because the downhill side can't keep it upright with the canopy grown out. I don't think the
shovel cut on the low side will help but may actually speed up the leaning.

George