Re: [gardeners] Yogurt question

George Shirley (
Thu, 09 May 2002 08:39:31 -0500

It's called lebneh and about any Middle Eastern deli or grocery will carry it. Lots of luck
elsewhere. If you eat yoghurt for intestinal use by flora and fauna any live culture yoghurt will do
the trick. The ME kind is just a lot thicker and, to some, tastier version.


Rosemary Carlson wrote:
> Hey all: A day or two ago, someone mentioned a thick Middle Eastern yogurt.
> Was that kefir? If not, what is it called and where can one get it? On the
> gardening front, my clematis, that has climbed through my rhodies, is
> blooming - a Henryii - and is gorgeous. Big storms here for days now - more
> this afternoon
> Can one grow basil successfully in a large container - like a flower box?
> Thanks!
> Rosemary in the mountains of eastern KY
> Zone 6a