Re: [gardeners] Magnolia Soulangeana wilting problems

Dan Dixon (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 09 May 2002 11:11:24 -0500

Dunno, I'll find out if they ever call me back. I just thought of something
though. Last year we mulched around this tree with some poplar mulch to help
conserve moisture (the last couple of summers have been pretty dry). I've
noticed that the stuff grows lots of various fungi elsewhere I have used it,
such as under the swingset. We have a pretty wet spring this year. Perhaps I
should remove the mulch from under the Magnolia.

Dan Dixon