Re: [gardeners] Putting it by

Thu, 11 Jul 2002 18:43:48 -0500

I am well and truly envious. Too bad we don't have a Star Trek transporter, you could send me over a
bunch of your excess fruit. Our persimmon lost all it's fruit early on as did the 20 foot tall peach
tree. The pear and the pluot both dropped their blossoms due to a late cold spell and the mayhaws
dropped their fruit for the same reason. The only thing that produced was the blueberries and we
only got about a gallon off of the four plants that are left. It is time to start picking the
elderberries though, I noticed they were ripening today. Almost time to make another batch of
elderberry jelly.

George, color me green with envy