Re: [gardeners] Re:Carpet

Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:02:42 -0500

We have already ceramic tiled the kitchen and the utility room is next for the ceramic. The front
foyer, the new pantry, and both bathrooms are fitted with self-stick vinyl tile. The three bedrooms
and the hallway were done last month in a short carpet that looks like a tin roof in color. The
family room and dining room will be in laminate flooring and we're going to leave the old carpet in
the formal dining room, which has been an art studio for 12 years now. I think there's vinyl tile
under that carpet too so we may take up the carpet and leave the tile for a while longer. The carpet
that was in the bedrooms was some commercial junk that had been there 28 years, surprisingly the
carpet was in good shape but the foam backing was like cardboard, when you walked on it it crunched.

George