Re: [gardeners] Sunday in the garden of downpour

Mon, 16 Sep 2002 09:50:53 -0500

Well, I may not even have an appointment. The lady in charge of Guest
Quarters at the VAMC called me yesterday and told me she was checking
reservations against appointments and that I was not in the computer for
the appointment. After about an hour of calling on their 1-800 line this
morning I finally found someone with access to both the computer and my
file. She said the file said I had an appointment and the computer
showed nothing. She's going to get it resolved and call me back later
today. Bureacracy strikes again. I had wondered why I didn't get a
confirmation letter and was going to call today anyway. Sure hated to
drive 125 miles and find out I wasn't going to be worked on. We'll know
something by this afternoon, one way or t'other.

George