Re: [gardeners] Home again

M T (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 08:53:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi George,

 Glad to hear things are getting back to normal. Our solo bloom is
getting fatter and turning upwards. Hoping to see it bloom in a few
days!

 We took the plunge yesterday and picked up a coworkers 2 yr old black
lab from the pound. One of his 3 daughters is allergic and it was just
getting to be too much. His wife reupped after Sep 11 and is going on a
Med cruise soon.
 I planned to get a Great Dane puppy eventually, but Lucky is the
perfect dog. Doesn't bark, 80 pounds smaller than a Dane, not a chewer
or a digger, in great shape and good with the 3 parakeets running along
the den floor! (so far!)
 Didn't really want him now as we aren't close to ready yet. The house
is still a little trashed from my moving in back in January.
 The back yard is fully fenced, but the planned dog run on the side of
the house still needs two more 6' fence panels and a gate. The back
fenceline is only 4' chainlink and if Lucky want's to he can sail right
over it.
 The pond has a liner and a few fish, but no elctricity on site or a
waterfall. The edges are still soft and without plants as a barrier.
 The 30' patio with a good crush and run foundation is still a fantasy.
The plants are 50% planted, and 50% garden nursery with narrow
pathways.
 Was hoping to have at least 95% of it done before we introduced a dog
to the yard.

 Oh well, that's life, and we are at least having a chance to enjoy it!

Good Gardening
Matt in Norfolk, Va. USDA zone 8